In the world of entrepreneurship, where profit & competition often take center stage, there’s a rapidly growing movement that’s transforming the way we do business. It’s called conscious entrepreneurship, and it’s all about creating companies that not only make a profit but also make a positive impact on society and the environment. As we celebrate National Entrepreneurship Month, let’s dive into the main principles of conscious entrepreneurship and how you can be a part of this transformative movement.
1. Purpose-Driven Business: Conscious entrepreneurs start with a clear sense of purpose. They’re driven by a mission to solve a problem and improve something that goes beyond superficial factors; from environmental concerns, social equality, to mental well-being. Your business should have a deeper “why” beyond profit. What positive change do you want to bring to the world?
2. Ethical Practices: Conscious entrepreneurs prioritize ethical business practices. This includes fair labor conditions, sustainable sourcing, transparent operations, and compassionate leadership. Ensuring that your business doesn’t harm people, animals or the planet is a core tenet of conscious entrepreneurship.
3. Personal values: To be a conscious entrepreneur, you must also have a value system that generally prioritizes self-care and personal development. Examples of certain personal traits include integrity, honesty, compassion, and mindfulness just to name a few. This influences the way you lead others which will make all the difference in how your business (which is an extension of you) will be received by the world.
4. Stakeholder Engagement: Beyond traditional shareholders, conscious entrepreneurs consider all stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, fellow entrepreneurs, and the community. By engaging with and considering the interests of all parties, you create a more balanced and sustainable business ecosystem.
Shift/Co’s mission is to elevate business to shift humanity which is why created a community with powerful business methodologies to help conscious entrepreneurs increase their success and their impact. Learn more at https://shiftco.org/why-shift-co/
5. Sustainability/Innovation & Social Impact: Implement sustainable practices and innovative solutions in your business model. This can include reducing waste, using renewable energy, or developing eco-friendly products. Create opportunities for social impact within your business model. This might involve hiring individuals from underprivileged communities, supporting local charities, or dedicating a portion of your profits to a cause you’re passionate about. These efforts not only benefit the planet but can also attract conscious consumers.
6. Continuous Learning: Conscious entrepreneurs are lifelong learners of a variety of topics. From business growth to personal development & spirituality to communications, conscious leaders’ appetite for business or personal improvement is fierce. They remain open-minded and refuse to stay in a limited box of knowledge.
7. Collaboration: Collaborating with other conscious entrepreneurs, organizations, and non-profits are very attractive to conscious leaders. Unity, rather than division, is a key perspective as working together can amplify your impact and create a more substantial change in the world.
8. Leading by Example: As a conscious entrepreneur, you are a role model for your employees, partners, the business community, friends, and family. Leading by example through your actions and decisions shows that conscious entrepreneurship is not just a title or buzzword but a way of life.
Let’s celebrate National Entrepreneurship Month by reflecting on why you created your business and how your business contributes to a more just, sustainable, and compassionate world. Pat yourself on the back for even having a desire to lead with purpose and choosing a path of pioneering. Let your entrepreneurial spirit be a force for good, creating a brighter future for all.
Shift/Co was built by conscious entrepreneurs, so we know what it takes to get to the next level. Enjoy these free entrepreneur resources designed to help your business grow.