Thanksgiving may get most of the November holiday attention, but we think two others deserve just as much recognition. Those are National Entrepreneurs’ Day on the third Tuesday of November and Women’s Entrepreneurship Day on November 19.
Being an entrepreneur is hard. These hardworking individuals dedicate a significant portion of their lives to building something out of nothing. They create businesses that serve their target markets to have a positive impact.
If you’re an entrepreneur, you know about long hours, sleepless nights, cash flow anxiety, and everything else that goes along with building a business. You deserve to be honored and recognized. It’s also a great time to support other entrepreneurs doing the same hard work. So, how can you celebrate National Entrepreneurs’ Day?
How to Celebrate Other Entrepreneurs
You can do several simple things to show how much you admire and respect other entrepreneurs.
- Shop Small – Make a point to support small businesses this November (and beyond). Rather than go to the big box stores for your holiday shopping, look for local stores, go to marketplaces such as Etsy, or use browser extensions like goodbuy.
- Use Local Service Providers – Use platforms like Yelp and Google Maps to support nearby service providers for anything from getting your hair done to repairing your roof to accounting services for your own small business.
- Promote Your Favorite Entrepreneurs – Give your favorite entrepreneur a shoutout on social media, refer them to a friend, or leave a positive review.
- Connect with Entrepreneurs – Build your network with small business owners and entrepreneurs. They can be a valuable resource for your future needs, just like you may be able to serve them one day as well.
- Become a Mentor – You’ve put in the hours and learned a ton. Share that knowledge with others who need your support in a particular aspect of their business.
How to Celebrate Yourself on National Entrepreneurs’ Day
As someone who’s worked hard, you deserve to be recognized and supported as well. Here are a few ways to take care of yourself this National Entrepreneurs’ Day.
- Treat Yourself to Some Self-Care – If you have a successful company, there’s a good chance you’ve put that business ahead of yourself on multiple occasions. Commit some time on or around National Entrepreneurs’ Day to take care of yourself. Whether it’s a half-day or whole day, put away the phone and computer to get out in nature, indulge in some pampering, spend time with loved ones, or whatever makes you happiest.
- Find a Mentor – We all need some additional support and knowledge from time to time. Find a business mentor to help you overcome those inevitable business hurdles.
- Scale Your Business – As an entrepreneur, one of the best gifts you can receive is a profitable and scalable business. Shift/Co was created to help entrepreneurs with businesses of all sizes grow and scale through community, coaching, training, and mentoring. Learn more about Shift/Co and how it can take your conscious business to the next level.
Our Message to Entrepreneurs this November
We hope you take some time to recognize and be recognized this National Entrepreneur’s Day. We at Shift/Co want to help with the latter.
As fellow entrepreneurs, we see you. We see your hard work. We admire your commitment. And we recognize that the sacrifices you’ve made to build your businesses have all been in pursuit of something great and impactful. Thank you for what you’re doing! The world needs more entrepreneurs like you!